About Privata Vox
Privata Vox, LLC is the brainchild of one of the world’s most recognized authorities on data protection regulatory compliance, with a long history of helping others understand their data protection rights, obligations, and opportunities.
Now able to redirect his acumen and dedication to helping clients, the firm’s founder and Principal Advocate, Robert Johnson, will work to help data processors, data controllers, and data subjects understand, respond to, and capitalize on the quickly changing privacy and data protection environment.
About Robert Johnson, CSDS, CIPP/US, CIPP/E
Having retired in 2022 after serving for 27 years as the NAID/i-SIGMA CEO, below is a short list of the milestones and accomplishments of his career:
- 35 years of experience in data security and regulatory compliance
- Co-author of ASIS International’s Information Security Guidelines
- Contributor to IT Review’s IT Asset Disposal Training Course
- Certified Secure Destruction Specialist (CSDS®) accreditation (i-SIGMA)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/US (CIPP/US®) accreditation (IAPP).
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/E (CIPP/E®) accreditation (IAPP).
- First recipient of the NAID President’s Award recognizing his long-term contribution to the advancement of the information disposition industry
- Author of Information Disposition, the definitive and comprehensive textbook on policy development, vendor due diligence, and risk management (available on Amazon.com)
- Among the world’s most prolific and respected writers and speakers on data protection regulatory compliance, policy development, data processor contracts, and vendor selection
- Provided testimony on data security regulations and personal information protection before the US Senate and the Parliament of Canada
- Developer of the first professional liability coverage specifically designed for the unique exposures and risks of data processors
- Founder and CEO of one of the world’s largest non-profit data processor trade organizations (NAID-i-SIGMA)
- Creator of the world’s most successful data processor regulatory compliance certification program, NAID AAA Certification®
- Participated in FACTA Final Disposal Rule Rulemaking at the request of the Federal Trade Commission